15 Nov Huawei Mate 20 Pro is here!
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is finally here and I’m ready!
It’s no secret that I am a little bit obsessed with Huawei smartphones. I have one and although there’s a couple of other smartphones out there that I fancy, Huawei is my main chick. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro launched a couple of weeks ago and I’m excited.
I’m looking for a good price on a new one, so if anyone knows of any good Black Friday deals on this, please let me know.
We attended the Huawei Mate 20 Pro launch at the end of October. I must give it to the Huawei team, they are terribly good at putting on a show when they launch new products – it’s always big and dramatic – which I love.
A dance performance started off the evening which lead to a very dramatic entry onto stage for one of the Huawei spokespeople. Honestly, I couldn’t wait to hear all about the new addition to the family.
Besides the usual things that Huawei get right like a battery that lasts forever and great cameras, here’s a couple of highlights for me:
- Reverse charging. This means that with your (still) full battery, you can charge your friends’ smartphones with yours. I am looking at all you iPhone users who constantly seem to be charging your phones. Don’t worry, we got you
- Speaking of charging, it charges from 0 to 70% in just 30 minutes – oh and you can do this through wireless charging
- Instead of just taking a pic of your food to let your Instagram followers know that you are in fact eating, you can now take a picture and it will tell you exactly how many calories you’re about to consume. I’m not so sure how I feel about this one, but it might improve my eating habits
- It’s water and dust resistant – I do wish they would make a waterproof one though
- It’s the world’s first smartphone to support super fast wifi download speeds
- Super accurate GPS
- It has leica triple camera which is powered by AI – all you need to know is that you have 40, 20 and 8 MP to take the most amazing pictures and videos. Also an ultra wide lens allows you to capture wider image
These are merely what stood out for me, but you can read up on the rest. Pretty impressive though!
It’s a pity that there seems to be a glitch with the screen at the moment – I’m sure this will be sorted out soon.